Mission, Vision and Goals
Yuba College values a “student first” philosophy that emphasizes excellence
in student learning and success; develops individual potential; and responds effectively
to the diverse educational and economic needs of the community. As an open
access institution of higher education within the California Community College System
and as a gateway to the world, Yuba College embraces diversity and provides comprehensive
quality educational programs and student services.
The educational program prepares students for transfer to baccalaureate-granting
institutions, for entry into the job market, or for further career development.
Yuba College offers general education, vocational education, and degree and certificate
programs at the lower division level. The College further offers instruction
and related student services in areas which develop basic skills and student success,
including developmental education, English-as-a second language instruction, and
adult non-credit courses.
Yuba College is committed to promoting leadership and responsibility, encouraging
a commitment to lifelong learning in all members of the college community and regularly
reviewing its mission and its effectiveness.
- Yuba College is an institution of higher education that prepares its students to
meet the intellectual, occupational, and technological challenges of a complex world.
- Yuba College is a steward to its communities’ educational and cultural
- Yuba College values an education that encourages self-improvement and enables
students to contribute to their families and the community.
- Yuba College values intellectual and cultural diversity, open communication, collegiality,
collaboration, mutual respect, personal integrity, and responsible citizenship.
- Yuba College values all collegiate disciplines in relation to life, recognizing
the importance of thinking clearly, creatively, critically, and objectively.
Goals: Adopted 3/15/13
- Foster a culture of evidence-informed decision making, including SLO development/assessment and other measures of student success.
- Prioritize and allocate resources based on existing and emerging community and student needs over those of individual projects or programs.
- Steward our institutional resources with increasing effectiveness and efficiency.
- Research and utilize effective modes of delivery for our courses and services.
- Design our programs in such a way as to allow students to complete their educational goals in a timely manner.
- Evaluate our programs, services and processes to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Improve the quality of the student experience at all our campuses and centers.
- Develop partnerships to enhance educational resources and student opportunities.
- Exemplify educational excellence, fiscal responsibility, cultural awareness, and civic engagement for our communities and region.